How to Do a Good Job Dusting My Home?
Dust cleaning can be very boring, but it is pretty essential. It helps keep your home clean and safe. So, even though it’s boring and time-consuming, it has to be done. Otherwise, if your home accumulated large amounts of dust, it may cause some respiratory issues among family members. Dust can contain various pollutants, allergens and bacteria that can lead to various health complications if they are inhaled or come in contact with your skin. That includes rashes, allergies, asthma, and a variety of other respiratory diseases. As a janitorial service provider, this is what we can recommend you if you want to do a quick and efficient dusting:
- You should start with preparing the things you’re going to need. That includes all sorts of cleaning tools and supplies.
- Once you’ve got the tools and supplies ready, you need to check the rooms that you plan on cleaning, and make a dusting strategy. First, you need to remove all excess objects and tidy up the place. We recommend you start with the rooms that are easier to clean.
- The key to performing a good dust cleaning is doing it systematically. If you start from the bottom and move on to the taller furniture pieces, then it is highly likely that you will get the lower furniture pieces dirty again. As a janitorial service provider, I recommend you start from the top and work your way down.
- To do that, you need to start with the ceiling. Get a duster with a long or expandable handle, and start taking any spiderwebs and other dirt down. You will be surprised how much dirt a ceiling can accumulate.
- If you do a good job dusting, you are very likely to end up with a dirty floor. That’s normal. Just don’t forget to vacuum the dust off the floor before it becomes airborne again.
- Another tip we can give you is to avoid skipping areas. Even though some places may be harder to reach, don’t skip or avoid them. That includes areas behind cabinets, under furniture, and so on.
If you don’t have the time to do it yourself, then simply call a janitorial service provider and have them take care of it. If you’re located in Greer, SC, then don’t hesitate to reach Happy Home LLC at (864) 386-9401!